stamina

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stamina

Post by jack blackheart on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:46 pm

this server need stamina..

people wont run around the streets
and you buy food from shops to fill the stamina up...

it gives more reason to buy food in his server...
jack blackheart
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stamina

Post by TameCaveMan on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:58 am

There will be a skill system, but the idea of sprinting around to level it up is a possibility.
While stamina wouldn't stop it, it could reduce it certainly...

I'm up for that idea so long as it's done carefully and the need for food doesn't become too high or low.
TameCaveMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Longjohn on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:30 am

Stamina should be trained in a gym By lifting!
Longjohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sewer slug on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:43 am

there are many types of lifting , i do power lifting heavy weight low reps for pure bulk muscle, but i also do light weight intense none stop lifting for stamina, so dont think gym will make u be able to run faster just coz u lift
sewer slug
Owner
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Burgundy on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:00 am

I don't see how eating would replenish stamina. :S
Ron Burgundy
Owner
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:04 am

The whole concept of Stamina ruins the purpose of even running away from a crime. A person can just pocket food and eat it while he runs to out-run the cop behind him. Don't rely on stamina to catch people, rely on their stupidity. A lot of cops that have chased me before don't exactly do the dangerous shit I do and therefore fall behind, however this dangerous shit can get me killed so its an equilibrium.
Cypher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jack blackheart on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:I don't see how eating would replenish stamina. :S

when people run and are tired... it helps a bit to eat and drink... you get more energy

i think it fits for the stamina
(more reason to buy food too)

Cypher wrote:The whole concept of Stamina ruins the purpose of even running away from a crime. A person can just pocket food and eat it while he runs to out-run the cop behind him. Don't rely on stamina to catch people, rely on their stupidity. A lot of cops that have chased me before don't exactly do the dangerous shit I do and therefore fall behind, however this dangerous shit can get me killed so its an equilibrium.

Drop food? and eat while cops run after him?

then the cop must be far away from him...

jack blackheart
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:18 am

Or maybe sleeping replenishes stamina and about 10-20hp? And some drugs like weed and coke give extra stamina? But only once so people aren't abusing it to get unlimited stamina
Bassman274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TameCaveMan on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:34 am

Disable pockets. Done.
TameCaveMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Have a backpack instead. I saw a server where there was a backpack instead of pockets and when you went to use something it said something like "non lifting faggot rummages through his backpack..." and then "non lifting faggot pulls out a lobster and eats it" but if you ran while rummaging it said "non lifting faggot puts his backpack on and carries on..." Perhaps this could solve this problem ?
Bassman274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L30N on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:23 am

This was a suggestion on CSRP and I will say what i said there, give bartenders/shopkeepers the ability to buy a shipment of energy drinks.Energy drinks will increase stamina slightly but it will go down shortly after drinking (maybe give it the same timer as cocaine so you get a burst of stamina for a short period of time) and maybe add a treadmill or something like that to increase long term stamina and maybe add a bit of speed (make it something that is kind of rare so it stays kind of realistic)
L30N

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heizenberg on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:13 am

Meaning isnt the problem with nobody going a job, its the money.

People hardly ever go medic and it has loads of meaning and people needing it, just hard to make any fat stacks on it and its not really a fun job with any risk like cop or gun dealer.

I like the idea of stamina but dislike the idea of getting it from food. Waste of time in my opinion.

i think it should replenish over time
Heizenberg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:14 am

Heizenberg wrote:
People hardly ever go medic and it has loads of meaning and people needing it, just hard to make any fat stacks on it and its not really a fun job with any risk like cop or gun dealer.

So medic's need risk...
Maybe when they inject people there is a chance of them accidentally putting their hand into the sharps bin and catching aids?

Issue with stamina. Metrocops and combine are superhuman/cyborb/drugged up. A thug running from cops, probably hurt from being shot/beaten/jumping off roofs. There is just no way the thug could escape unless hes daniel craig or something.

I understand peoples concern about people running in the streets but stamina can't be the way to solve it.

I was thinking when you run it goes into third person but that opens a whole new alley of issues.
Fulcrum
Super Admin
Super Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:11 am

For the medic thing, a medic that has a defibrilator and can revive dead people and can get 100-200 for it? Adds risk if there is a gang war and there bullets flying past your head AND adds more money.

Stamina. If someone has a gun at you you shouldn't run in the first place. FearRP is it not? If someone is running from the police and they get shot maybe they fall over slowing you down and reducing stamina or we just ignore the fact that if your injured you run slowly for the sake of keeping it simple.
Bassman274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top