Forum group power

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum group power

Post by ThatRandomGuy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:06 am

Jesus, 3 different ideas over 3 days? I'm on fire

Anyway, forum groups are great, but there's a severe lack of overall power towards them as owners
We cannot add or remove people, most notably, because it all has to be done through Daniel
Thing is, I hardly see Daniel on anymore, and I'm sure he doesn't want to come to forums JUST to add people to groups

So, here is what I propose:
Give group owners a small amount of power over the forum groups and tabs they have
That way, we can add and remove anyone we need to without having to pm Daniel constantly
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants this, but lemme know what you think

ThatRandomGuy
Member
Member

Posts : 192
Join date : 2012-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Peter Marsh (cr33zy speed on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:10 am

+1
That way you can make all members see your forums right?
avatar
Peter Marsh (cr33zy speed
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 649
Join date : 2012-10-02
Age : 20
Location : Unkown

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ1AJ2WOzllhdJ4cSXjhCg?feature=

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Ghost Prodigy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am

+1 Needs to bet added IMO.

Ghost Prodigy
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 183
Join date : 2012-12-23
Age : 21
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Dxmarc on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:44 am

+1 ma bitches

Dxmarc
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-10-02
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Rodney Bryson on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:09 am

+1
When we got map in order and everything important done I think there should be whitelisted jobs too for the groups, that would be pretty cool.
avatar
Rodney Bryson
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 236
Join date : 2012-12-28
Age : 20
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Daniel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am

Considering removing the groups of the forum entirely - the last post in ANY of the groups was today (stating how the group has been disbanded), and since then it was 9 days ago which eventually leads out to the start of the month.
In other words it's not being used and is extremely pointless on the forum.

____________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Don't ask a girl to throw a grenade.
avatar
Daniel
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Posts : 662
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://hgrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Tyler on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 am

Daniel wrote:Considering removing the groups of the forum entirely - the last post in ANY of the groups was today (stating how the group has been disbanded), and since then it was 9 days ago which eventually leads out to the start of the month.
In other words it's not being used and is extremely pointless on the forum.


This is probably because people are getting accepted into groups, but aren't being added to group forums to post anything.
avatar
Tyler
HGRP Legend
HGRP Legend

Posts : 510
Join date : 2012-10-02
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/HGRPTyler

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Daniel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:54 am

Tyler wrote:
Daniel wrote:Considering removing the groups of the forum entirely - the last post in ANY of the groups was today (stating how the group has been disbanded), and since then it was 9 days ago which eventually leads out to the start of the month.
In other words it's not being used and is extremely pointless on the forum.


This is probably because people are getting accepted into groups, but aren't being added to group forums to post anything.

When people are added they have to PM me, and the only person seeming to do this is coper. It also says that in the guidelines.

____________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Don't ask a girl to throw a grenade.
avatar
Daniel
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Posts : 662
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://hgrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Pliskin132 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 am

I use the group forum to keep hold of who is actually in BH, we have a roster system, and else set up.
It is used, andposted on when needed.
avatar
Pliskin132
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 588
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 21
Location : Devon, Ilfracombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Tyler on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 am

Daniel wrote:
When people are added they have to PM me, and the only person seeming to do this is coper. It also says that in the guidelines.

Might have to update guidelines. I don't see the PM requirement anywhere.
avatar
Tyler
HGRP Legend
HGRP Legend

Posts : 510
Join date : 2012-10-02
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/HGRPTyler

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Daniel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:37 am

Tyler wrote:
Daniel wrote:
When people are added they have to PM me, and the only person seeming to do this is coper. It also says that in the guidelines.

Might have to update guidelines. I don't see the PM requirement anywhere.

Ah sorry, my bad. I knew I wasn't going insane though as on every group that I had accepted i made sure to include 'please pm me if any new members are added'.

____________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Don't ask a girl to throw a grenade.
avatar
Daniel
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Posts : 662
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://hgrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Tyler on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 am

Daniel wrote:
Tyler wrote:
Daniel wrote:
When people are added they have to PM me, and the only person seeming to do this is coper. It also says that in the guidelines.

Might have to update guidelines. I don't see the PM requirement anywhere.

Ah sorry, my bad. I knew I wasn't going insane though as on every group that I had accepted i made sure to include 'please pm me if any new members are added'.

Oh okay. I reread your group posts like 6 times before I mentioned it wasn't in there, didn't wanna come off as an ass.

In an unrelated note, when you have time could you add me to Blackhawk?
avatar
Tyler
HGRP Legend
HGRP Legend

Posts : 510
Join date : 2012-10-02
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/HGRPTyler

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Daniel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 am

Sure, added Wink

____________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Don't ask a girl to throw a grenade.
avatar
Daniel
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Posts : 662
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://hgrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Tyler on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 am

Thank you kindly. Back to the topic at hand as not to stray, I'm in vote for it as long as the group leaders are active as well.
avatar
Tyler
HGRP Legend
HGRP Legend

Posts : 510
Join date : 2012-10-02
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/HGRPTyler

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Daniel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:45 am

Oh, I forgot about the topic point.
It's impossible to do this, and the only way to do it is to give the group owners power to the administration panel - which wouldn't end well as I can see people messing with stuff. Also, considering anyone can make a group.. it wouldn't end well.
Anyone who has pmed me, has been added - I don't see what the issue is to be completely honest.


____________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Don't ask a girl to throw a grenade.
avatar
Daniel
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Posts : 662
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://hgrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Ghost Prodigy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:46 am

May I please then get added to the 501st section already?

Ghost Prodigy
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 183
Join date : 2012-12-23
Age : 21
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Daniel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 am

Ghost Prodigy wrote:May I please then get added to the 501st section already?

You should be in there?

(i've just removed and re-added you, check if it has worked)

____________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Don't ask a girl to throw a grenade.
avatar
Daniel
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Posts : 662
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://hgrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Ghost Prodigy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 am

Daniel wrote:
Ghost Prodigy wrote:May I please then get added to the 501st section already?

You should be in there?

(i've just removed and re-added you, check if it has worked)
I have it now thanks Smile

Ghost Prodigy
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 183
Join date : 2012-12-23
Age : 21
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Peter Marsh (cr33zy speed on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:07 am

Who is in what groups at the moment?
I'm in Just The Merchants, since i'm only a recruit for 501st
avatar
Peter Marsh (cr33zy speed
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 649
Join date : 2012-10-02
Age : 20
Location : Unkown

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ1AJ2WOzllhdJ4cSXjhCg?feature=

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum group power

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum