Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racism Prevention

+8
Pliskin132
Tyler
Petrovsky
Bassman274
Dxmarc
ThaWelshyyy
oyster
Ian Daft
12 posters

Go down

Racism Prevention Empty Racism Prevention

Post by Ian Daft Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 am

This is a suggestion to help benefit RP by not having racism.

Rpnames: Today I was on and a couple of people came on and their names were "Ni**er 1 and Ni**er 3"(Wheres 2?)Both banned by Alonso(I tried to but my ban wasnt working atm). This idea is to help stop racism in the server, so if someone does /rpname, if it has the word nigger in it, they would get kicked by the console, for "Racism".(Addition): If once they come back from being kicked and do it again, they will be PERMA banned, no warnings.

Chat: If someone were to type ni**er in chat as an insult, the message would then be stopped and a warning shown on the players screen, saying that if they type anything racist again, they would be kicked, and if they come back and do it again, 3 day ban.

EDIT:

"...saying that if they type anything racist again, they would be kicked, and if they come back and do it again, 3 day ban..."

Instead of being banned for 3 days, they should be banned for 2 weeks, after that, the second warning, instead of kick is PERMA.

To possibly help better understanding;

Ian wrote:>Added for when we are and aren't on. They might just do it behind our backs, but then they get 1 strike, 2 and they're out, 3 and they're banned. But what I am saying, if we catch them saying it, BANNED.

Tyler wrote:I don't think they should get the 2 week ban, it should be a warning then perma. If you're going to be racist, it's not gonna stop just after two weeks. Also, if someone gets banned for 2 weeks, they're just gonna treat it like it's perma anyways. No one wants to sit around two weeks just to get back on a server to minge on, they'll more than likely just get banned and move on.

Petrovsky wrote:Why stop at N*gger? You should really block out as many derogatory racial slurs as possible if this system is gunna be implemented.

Bassman274 wrote:Then people will put alternatives to fag about like N1GG3R,Negger, niggor etc etc

The only way I see for this system to combat this is have it do this for as many alternatives as possible. Either that or wait for an admin.

EDIT:

All that Tyler, Petrov and Bassman should be implemented.

So, instead of just racism terms, I think anything hurtful to the player emotionally(E.G. "You're a stupid faggot!"), anything that might relate to ni**er in any way is to be added if implemented, "negger n3gg3r niqqer" ect. and 2 week ban is now Perma.

Last edited by Ian Daft on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:27 am; edited 7 times in total
Ian Daft
Ian Daft

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Basi1

Back to top Go down

Racism Prevention Empty Re: Racism Prevention

Post by oyster Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 am

I still think that we should Perma the guys who thinks its funny to say racial things over OOC or IC and even their RP names.
oyster
oyster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaWelshyyy Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 am

I agree before I left the server I saw someone with the name Ni**er 1.

Last edited by ThaWelshyyy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
ThaWelshyyy
ThaWelshyyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Daft Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:03 am

oyster wrote:I still think that we should Perma the guys who thinks its funny to say racial things over OOC or IC and even their RP names.

>If we, the admins see them, yes we will perma, but if it's an IC chat, and we aren't there, we can't really do anything.
Ian Daft
Ian Daft

Back to top Go down

Post by oyster Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 am

Ian Daft wrote:
oyster wrote:I still think that we should Perma the guys who thinks its funny to say racial things over OOC or IC and even their RP names.

>If we, the admins see them, yes we will perma, but if it's an IC chat, and we aren't there, we can't really do anything.
Oh you're saying when we aren't on? Then yes this should be implimented, but when we're not on only.
oyster
oyster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Daft Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 am

oyster wrote:
Ian Daft wrote:

Oh you're saying when we aren't on? Then yes this should be implimented, but when we're not on only.

>Added for when we are and aren't on. They might just do it behind our backs, but then they get 1 strike, 2 and they're out, 3 and they're banned. But what I am saying, if we catch them saying it, BANNED.
Ian Daft
Ian Daft

Back to top Go down

Post by Dxmarc Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:25 am

Totally agree with this. Countless times have I seen some 10 year old kids with the name "N**gerMeister".... This should definitely be implemented into the server!

Dxmarc
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Then people will put alternatives to fag about like N1GG3R,Negger, niggor etc etc

The only way I see for this system to combat this is have it do this for as many alternatives as possible. Either that or wait for an admin.
Bassman274
Bassman274

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrovsky Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Why stop at N*gger? You should really block out as many derogatory racial slurs as possible if this system is gunna be implemented.
Petrovsky
Petrovsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:13 am

I don't think they should get the 2 week ban, it should be a warning then perma. If you're going to be racist, it's not gonna stop just after two weeks. Also, if someone gets banned for 2 weeks, they're just gonna treat it like it's perma anyways. No one wants to sit around two weeks just to get back on a server to minge on, they'll more than likely just get banned and move on.
Tyler
Tyler
HGRP Legend
HGRP Legend

http://steamcommunity.com/id/HGRPTyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pliskin132 Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:54 am

Eh, should have it for a large number of derogitary terms, unless they are likely to be used alot in IC.
Pliskin132
Pliskin132
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Daft Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:21 am

Petrovsky wrote:Why stop at N*gger? You should really block out as many derogatory racial slurs as possible if this system is gunna be implemented.

Tyler wrote:I don't think they should get the 2 week ban, it should be a warning then perma. If you're going to be racist, it's not gonna stop just after two weeks. Also, if someone gets banned for 2 weeks, they're just gonna treat it like it's perma anyways. No one wants to sit around two weeks just to get back on a server to minge on, they'll more than likely just get banned and move on.

Agreed.
>Post edited at bottom.
Ian Daft
Ian Daft

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 am

How will this be implemented so far as adaptions of the word?
We gunna make a giant arse list of every adaption of the word, LEET spelling allowed?

Its easier to ban on a case-by-case basis. When a player comes on with an offensive name, its easier just to relay through to a mod or admin and even post a ban request.

Good idea, implementation is going to be tricky
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by XenZibe Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 pm

You do reliease that nigger, isnt actually racist, its the way its used. For example. A white guy cant say it to another black guy. But the black guy can say it to another black guy.

You really have to define the context of how these changes could be used. for example. Someones friend is in the server.

Player:"Yo wassap ma nigga"
Console:You have been warned for racism
Player:"Wtf? This server racist or something"
Admin:"You did say nigga"
Player:"so?"
Admin:"User N has been banned perma for racism"

I thought the job of admins was to.. Ya know.. Sort out racism, Stuff like that. Instead you want a script to do it for you?
XenZibe
XenZibe

http://www.TheXenProject.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Daft Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 am

XenZibe wrote: I thought the job of admins was to.. Ya know.. Sort out racism, Stuff like that. Instead you want a script to do it for you?

You obviously didn't understand completely, it's for when we CAN'T sort it out. It's for the times when we're not on, or just for when a player does it behind our backs.

If a player says it for fun, that's the reason for the warning, so they don't say it and just get kicked instantly, not having a clue what they've done.

When we are on and when we see it, yes we will of course sort it out, but as I've said, this suggestion is more for when we're not around.

But this also made me think (how is this possible with the current sleepy-ass stage?!), maybe certain sentences are worth 1/3 warnings instead of 1/2. Like playful things, as what XenZibe said. "Yo wazup my nigga?"
Ian Daft
Ian Daft

Back to top Go down

Post by Pliskin132 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 am

Urgh, would get too complicated if we did it like that
Would have to like.. recognise sentences.
Might as well just handle it when we see it.
Otherwise, it's almost pointless, It's all about context, and the whole shiz about Oh a black dude can say it to another, thats semi bs'
Its always going to be an offensive term, as it refers to slaves (Used to be refered to as Negros, spanish for Blacks.)but when a black guy says it to another, it is seen as hypocritical. Its mainly just about trust; If a black dude is cool enough with a white dude, they say it with banter.
Its all about context, and trust, and banter, not colour.
Pliskin132
Pliskin132
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:23 am

Frankly, I ban regardless of the context someone uses it in. I don't care if you didn't mean it in the offensive way, you shouldn't say it at all.
Tyler
Tyler
HGRP Legend
HGRP Legend

http://steamcommunity.com/id/HGRPTyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:49 am

Tyler wrote:Frankly, I ban regardless of the context someone uses it in. I don't care if you didn't mean it in the offensive way, you shouldn't say it at all.

Why me?Razz (That was a horrible joke)

But yeah I agree here. Using such term in any context it's still racist. That's like stabbing someone and saying it's how you greet people imo.
Bassman274
Bassman274

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Daft Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 am

That's what I am saying, not just the words, but the sentences too.

Problem is there will have to be TONS of words/sentences added.
Ian Daft
Ian Daft

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon The Frenchie Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:44 pm

Tyler wrote:Frankly, I ban regardless of the context someone uses it in. I don't care if you didn't mean it in the offensive way, you shouldn't say it at all.

Got 2h for saying nigger just to annoy Tyler. ^ Tyler the try hard admin

Last edited by Simon The Frenchie on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Simon The Frenchie
Simon The Frenchie

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_v Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 am

chocolate should be bannable cause is wasist
alex_v
alex_v

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content