Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh Unique Look? Forum Re-vamped!

+14
ThaWelshyyy
Longjohn
Petrovsky
oyster
Stevie Colt
Peter Marsh (cr33zy speed
Jonkayz
Ghost Prodigy
Tyler
sewer slug
Ron Burgundy
Pliskin132
Simon The Frenchie
Daniel
18 posters

Go down

Fresh Unique Look? Forum Re-vamped! Empty Fresh Unique Look? Forum Re-vamped!

Post by Daniel Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 am

Hey all, well I have alot to talk to you about in this topic.
Firstly, apologies for my in-activity, but you should now start seeing alot more of me - hence the new forum look.

So, where should I start? The entire skin of the forum is completely new, everything should look different. I felt the need for this as after the recent hacking, the forum was screwed, as-well as this we had the forum skin for a while as it was and it was getting boring. I have chosen a completely fresh color scheme, under the permission of Ron ofc. Before you run around in circles screaming, take a look at why I have done this. HGRP needed it's own specific, unique look - and personally for me the forum looked extremely similar to CSRP (where to ron also agreed). HGRP now has it's own new look.

All rank images are now changed, as it was a specific set there was a limited amount, but in my opinion they fit the theme better.
All buttons, etc are changed. In my opinion it is extremely easy and simple to now know if there is new topics, etc. However, I have noticed an issue in the change of the design of the button when there is a 'Hot topic' - this will be addressed in the future.

All groups upon the forums are now updated, all the staff members groups should be correct and all Head administrators and Owners should have the ability to moderate all the forums. Administration permissions via the forum will be discussed with Ron in the future so he can have some control if anything bad happens. I have not yet updated the groups for the server (such as cartel etc) as it would take LOTS of time going through each topic to find people who have been added. If you require me to add anyone to your group - send me a simple PM with their forum usernames. Thanks <3.

Colours of the groups are also slightly changed.

New banner? I made it. I think it looks fresh, sensible, and it fits the theme it-self really nicely. The only issue is the cutting off from the combine at the bottom, however that is merely blended in with the background of the banner which is the best we can get, as literally nothing that I know of can be done to fix the issue.

I also hope you like the whole 'hover over change colour' system aswell. I think it looks very nice - the forum on a whole is far more interactive (the navbar, banner, etc)

I hope you enjoy the sleek new forum, remember, it's something different and you may have to get use to it as it's a big change. But this finally gives HGRP forums its full uniqueness.

Last edited by Daniel on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Daniel
Daniel
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

https://hgrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Fresh Unique Look? Forum Re-vamped! Empty Re: Fresh Unique Look? Forum Re-vamped!

Post by Simon The Frenchie Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 am

So much moving shit! Woo looks pretty pro overall tho.
Simon The Frenchie
Simon The Frenchie

Back to top Go down

Fresh Unique Look? Forum Re-vamped! Empty Re: Fresh Unique Look? Forum Re-vamped!

Post by Pliskin132 Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 am

Anyone who complains will be shot
I like the smoothness of this.
<3
Pliskin132
Pliskin132
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Burgundy Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 am

I like it all, much better than the previous scheme, and to top it off the banner does not contain three retards on the left hand side. Smile
Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon The Frenchie Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:I like it all, much better than the previous scheme, and to top it off the banner does not contain three retards on the left hand side. Smile

Right you must mean, and screw u if u no liked it Sad
Simon The Frenchie
Simon The Frenchie

Back to top Go down

Post by sewer slug Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:45 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:I like it all, much better than the previous scheme, and to top it off the banner does not contain three retards on the left hand side. Smile

me,teletric,and nick saxon are not retards
sewer slug
sewer slug
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 am

I'll be honest, this new scheme is pro.
Tyler
Tyler
HGRP Legend
HGRP Legend

http://steamcommunity.com/id/HGRPTyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Prodigy Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 am

Thanks for taking ur time into this Daniel.

Ghost Prodigy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonkayz Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:12 am

I like this Change, alot Smile
Jonkayz
Jonkayz

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Marsh (cr33zy speed Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:20 am

ah got to get used to the colours for the usergroups
Apart from that I like the red black look.
Atm I weekly board so i can't see the new banner :s
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ1AJ2WOzllhdJ4cSXjhCg?feature=

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie Colt Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:54 am

This looks cool
Stevie Colt
Stevie Colt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oyster Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 am

Oh this is eye-gasmic! Thanks for the new scheme!
oyster
oyster

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrovsky Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:25 am

Shit, change it back. DouevencodeCSS? Nub.

This looks really nice, very good colour scheme, fits with the general atmosphere of the server. I really like the red on white on black Very Happy.
Petrovsky
Petrovsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Longjohn Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 am

I like the color scheme etc. But the moving menu annoys me lol and some of the text is a bit small
Longjohn
Longjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaWelshyyy Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:42 am

The new theme looks pro
ThaWelshyyy
ThaWelshyyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 am

Longjohn wrote:I like the color scheme etc. But the moving menu annoys me lol and some of the text is a bit small

Listen to granda Joe who can't see anything under size 20 text Razz

Staying on topic abou the new forums...Me Gusta. cheers
Bassman274
Bassman274

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:08 pm

New drinking game: take a shot every time Daniel wrote "fresh","unique", "forum", or "look" in the thread

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Daft Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:56 pm

im druk
Ian Daft
Ian Daft

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Basi1

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon The Frenchie Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Ian Daft the Leechman wrote:im druk

Since we went a bit off topic...

your forum signature seems like admin abuse to me. An admin kicking an user who just sits there = abuse.
Simon The Frenchie
Simon The Frenchie

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie-Ericson Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 pm

I hope that user ain't me! D;

Sending things back on topic, very very nice theme, I love it all, especially the fact we have red now, a lot to, reds my fav colour, it's my room colour Very Happy *Kills topic* but srsly, lovely theme.
Stevie-Ericson
Stevie-Ericson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down